Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-04 Origin:Site
Sambucus is a deciduous shrub belonging to the family Lonicerae. The fruit is rich in anthocyanins, flavonoids (such as quercetin, rutin) and polyphenols. There are many varieties of elderwood, the most common is Western black elderwood (Sambucusnigra L.), which includes leaves, bark, flowers and berries, all of which have medicinal value. Among them, elderberry is the object of research.
Elderberry extracts are rich in bioflavonoids, anthocyanins, vitamins and other high antioxidant capacity substances, including complex bioflavonoids, such as cyanidin, delphinium, quercetin, etc. It has been proved to be an effective active ingredient, which has anti-virus and immunity-improving effects.
Benefits of elderberry：
1. Elderberry is beneficial to upper respiratory tract symptoms (cold and flu): Upper respiratory tract infection can be defined as self-limiting irritation and swelling in the upper respiratory tract (nasal, sinus, pharynx, larynx and large airway), in the common cold The most common main symptoms of influenza are cough, sore throat, runny nose, malaise, nasal congestion, headache, fever, common pathogenic factors are viral infections, such as: rhinovirus, influenza virus, adenovirus, enterovirus and respiratory syncytial virus.
In addition to influenza, the complications of upper respiratory tract infections are relatively few. The main complications include primary influenza virus pneumonia, secondary bacterial pneumonia, sinusitis, otitis media, and myocarditis.
2. Elderberry is beneficial to knee osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis, also known as degenerative joint disease, primary osteoarthritis, abrasive or senile joint disease, is the main cause of disability worldwide the reason. Many factors including family history, age, obesity, diabetes, synovitis, systemic inflammatory mediators, innate immunity, lower limb alignment (knee valgus or knee varus), joint dysplasia, trauma, metabolic syndrome and inflammation are all related to Related to the formation of knee osteoarthritis.
3. Elderberry is good for paederus dermatitis: Paederusdermatitis is an acute irritant contact dermatitis caused by the release of paederus when the paederus is pressed on the skin. There is usually a sudden burning sensation and skin pain, accompanied by erythema, pustules and vesicles. Pigmentation is a common sequelae, which can last for a month, and extensive ulcers can also occur.
A randomized, double-blind, prospective, placebo-controlled clinical trial (conducted on 62 patients with paederus dermatitis). Group A was treated with palemolin (5% elderberry alcohol infusion) and Hydrocodone ointment, and group B was treated with 70% ethanol for external use Solution and hydrogenated ointment.
4. Elderberry is beneficial to cardiovascular disease: Cardiovasculardiseases is currently the biggest threat to human health, but fortunately, it has 9 potentially changeable risk factors, including blood lipids, smoking, and diabetes , High blood pressure, abdominal obesity, psychological factors, fruit/vegetable intake, exercise and drinking.
5. Elderberry is beneficial to osteoporosis (caused by diabetes): Osteoporosis is one of the most common bone metabolism diseases, which is characterized by decreased bone density and enlarged bone holes, causing fractures, usually due to postmenopausal Estrogen deficiency and age-related bone loss are caused. Diabetes is also a common cause.
6. The beneficial effects of elderberry on cholesterol: Cholesterol is a waxy steroid molecule, which plays an important role in maintaining cell membrane fluidity and heat insulation. In addition, cholesterol is also a precursor of hormones, capable of producing sex hormones, mineral corticosteroids (maintain water and electrolyte balance), glucocorticoids (control protein and carbohydrate metabolism, immunosuppression and inflammation), these substances are maintenance Essential substances for normal metabolism.